Thursday, February 2, 2017

February 1, 2017

FLYING PANCAKES

Hola everyone!!

I cannot believe I am halfway through my time here at the CCM!!! This is crazy! Time is flying by so quickly and I want it to slow down! I guess I better start by explaining the title of my email...so yesterday morning, we had the opportunity to eat pancakes for breakfast. I was super excited, and went to go put syrup on my pancakes, but unfortunately the syrup was almost gone. So I was like ah it's alright and started walking to go sit down, but then Elder Lewis was like no wait I have a trick to get syrup out. He grabs the bottle and starts swinging it back and forth super hard to try to shake the syrup to the bottom. Unfortunately, there was one elder walking towards us completely oblivious to Elder Lewis. His tray collided with the syrup bottle and pancakes went flying. Haha it was so funny but at the same time I felt so so bad. They start cleaning it up and Elder Lewis hands me the syrup bottle. I got a whole two drops! Haha it was nice of him to try. 

Anyways I have seen lots of improvement in my Spanish this week! It is a lot of really hard work, but it's really rewarding. I have memorized and learned so much more than I ever thought I would in just a few weeks! It's truly a miracle from the Lord! I know that he wants me to serve the people in Georgia to the best of my ability, and that is why He is blessing me with the gift of tongues. Not only have I seen improvement in my spanish, I have also seen improvement in my ping pong skills. Every gym time, I play ping pong with Hermana Packham and we are the best doubles team! We beat a lot of the elders haha and it's just so much fun! 

Another really fun experience that I had this week, was when we did service on Monday in the comedor. (the cafeteria) We were sent to the back to wash dishes. It was absolutely disgusting, but one of the funnest moments this week. Haha sounds a little backwards...but it's true! We helped a worker do the dishes, and found out lots about him! He was so nice, loves World War Z, and his name is Jason! So anyways now Hermana Oldham and I have two homies in the kitchen! Estaban and Jason! It's amazing how the Lord has given me so many tender mercies and lots are through the people I am meeting!

My district is still so awesome. It's super small, so we spend a lot of time all together. They are so funny and fun to be around, and keep the CCM entertaining and exciting. I am absolutely loving learning so much and spending so much time studying this gospel. I know that this church is true. 

Thanks again for all you people sending me emails and letters! They mean so much! Thank you so much for all your love and support, you guys are the best. 

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Frank

Allison and her district go to the temple in Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment