Wednesday, January 25, 2017

January 25, 2017


EYEBROW IS THE NAME OF THE GAME

Hola everyone!!!!!

This has been such an amazing week, and I have had so many amazing experiences!!! First, I'll quickly explain the title of my email. So recently we have gotten really close to a district of elders who play a game called eyebrow. Basically, if someone says something like, "I'm going to eat six pieces of pizza tonight" and someone calls eyebrow, they have to do it or else shave some of their eyebrow off. They're even creating a whole rulebook for the game to give to us so we can pass it down to future districts and continue it in the CCM. Everyone is doing it hahaha it's so funny. 

Another thing that was so fun this week, was I found a note from my cousin Tyler in a pineapple plant!! It was such a good hiding spot and so fun to find, and everyone thought it was so funny!! Shout out to Tyler for being the coolest cousin ever. 

This week I made friends with an awesome elder who is 6'8". How did that happen you ask? Well during a devotional he was "justice" and then the president called me up and I was supposed to try to get past justice without mercy. Like an object lesson. But I was the 5' object. Haha it was super embarrassing but hey it's chill we're homies now haha. It was honestly really cool lesson because it really reminded me of how much we really do need the mercy of the Lord. I am so grateful for the Atonement and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ so that we can be saved, and don't have to be crushed by justice.   

Anyways this week has been so spiritually uplifting as well. I have learned so much and although I am definitely far from perfect and I'm still me, I feel like I have grown so much. I love the spirit here in the CCM. While we're teaching investigators, it is so fun because I can feel myself getting better at Spanish and I have been able to speak more from the heart and not just trying to memorize Spanish phrases. 

I am so grateful for my sweet, dedicated companion who always teaches me so much. I am having a blast here and learning so much, and I thank you all for your love and support!! You're the best!!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Frank

Not too many pictures this week we didn't have much time, the first one is me and "justice" haha he's a nice dude and super funny.  His name is elder Barlow.  Then the next one is my companion and I with a bunch of our cute Latina friends that we have made here.  They are so sweet and are helping us learn Spanish!




No comments:

Post a Comment