Wednesday, February 8, 2017

February 8, 2017

BEBES CALIENTES

Hola y'all! (I'm practicing my spanish-southern accent)

This week has been so fantastic!! Lots of funny experiences, but even more spiritual experiences. Being on a mission is so amazing and I'm more and more grateful for the opportunity to serve every day. Every day I see so many tender mercies from the Lord. Just as an example, we had the opportunity to go to the temple, and it was so beautiful! That in and of itself is a tender mercy, but just wait it gets better. I was standing in front of the temple, and took out my camera to get a picture. When I took out my camera, I didn't notice but my recommend fell out. Well, we went in to the temple and I was reaching for my recommend but couldn't find it, and that was when I realized it must have fallen out with my camera. I walked back outside with my companion, just praying that we could find it quickly and that it hadn't blown away. I was telling my companion about my concerns when a man came up to me with my recommend!! He must have sensed the concern in my face! I was so grateful, and definitely recognized it as a tender mercy from the Lord!

Another amazing experience this week, was in a lesson I taught with my companion. I felt pretty prepared, and was excited to share the message. However, when we walked in our investigator told us that she had her boyfriend there as well to listen! I instantly got really nervous, but tried my best to answer all his questions. After the lesson, I realized that I could not even remember what I said, but that I had shared scriptures, answered questions, and bore my testimony with conviction. The gift of tongues is so real, and I have begun to recognize it more and more!!

As far as funny stories go, this week we got toilet paper haha by some other hermanas in our casa! Another thing, to explain the title, is this week we were learning about how to teach the Word of Wisdom. My companion asked how to say hot drinks, and elder lewis immediately says, "bebes calientes". Nope hahaha it's definitely not hot babies. You actually say, "bebidas calientes" in case anyone is wondering. 

But yeah this week has been amazing, thank you all for your love and support I love you guys all so much!!!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment