Friday, May 12, 2017

Chicken Agua


Hola familia y amigos!!

This week was so absolutely amazing I don't even know where to start....

First I guess I will start by addressing the title. We have an investigator, named Macaria, whom I have talked about before. She is so sweet and humble, and doesn't have much, but loves to share. She invited us over for lunch, and she made what her niƱetos call, chicken agua. Haha it is caldo de pollo really, which is chicken broth, and it was delicious! She was so happy to have us over! She is so much happier than when we first started visiting her, even though she is going through hard things. When we got to talking, we found out why! She told us she has been reading and she had questions about the BoM for us! She finished 1 Nephi and is now in 2nd Nephi. Even though her reading glasses were broken, she still took time to study every day and loves it so much. And we truly have seen a difference in her countenance! It is so amazing! 

Missionary work is such a blessing because we get to see the changes that come into people's lives as they live the principles of the gospel and commandments. This week we visited a man named Jose, and when we taught him the Restoration and gave him the BoM, he was so grateful. He said, "wow, this is the greatest treasure anyone could ever give me. This is my future!" And we were both like, yes Jose! It is! He is so cute, and loves talking and visiting with us. Whenever we call him, he talks forever about the Book of Mormon and then asks us what we ate for breakfast. He is so random, and we love him!

We also have another investigator who is seeing the blessings of the BoM as well. Her name is Elsy, and she is one of the best people I know. She loves listening to the BoM all the time at work, at home, in the car on her phone. Because she listens to it at work, we were knocking on doors this week, and came across one of the ladies she works with! Her name is Mireya. Even crazier connection, we were also teaching Mireyas daughter! She said that she has been curious about what we were teaching her daughter (we had never met her, her daughter just told her about us) and also was curious about what Elsy was listening to! She said while she had it on at work, she listened to it to and really loved it! Elsy isn't even a member yet, and is already being a missionary! She told us that she loves spending time with us, and wishes she didn't have so many responsibilities so she could come knock doors with us. And her cute son (he is 6 years old), when they came to church this week, told me, "I want to do this one day" and pointed to my tag. I said, "You want to be a missionary?" And he said emphatically, "yeah!" I told him that he could, and his eyes got big and he said, "how?!"

I could go on and on about the miracles we saw this week and the people I have met and continue to meet, but I won't bore y'all too badly. 

I just really want to bear my testimony to anyone who has made it this far in my email, that I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It changes lives, and brings peace and happiness. I have seen countless lives change because of the relief it brings, and I encourage everyone to read it and study it daily. Even if it's listening to it at work, reading one verse before bed, whatever you can do. The Lord blesses those who are striving to learn and draw nearer to Him.

I am so grateful for this gospel and for all of you and your support. And to the mothers out there, happy mothers day!!!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Frank 

No comments:

Post a Comment