Tuesday, March 21, 2017

I'm freezin in Georgia



Hola familia y amigos!

This week has been so full of blessings, I don't even know where to start!

I guess I'll start with first, we have someone on date to be baptized this week! Her name is Macaria and she is such an amazing woman! She is so sweet and always thinking of us, constantly giving us food and she even gave us shampoo last time we met with her! Alright alright Macaria we can take a hint...Hahaha just kidding. She's just so giving and if she has any extra, she wants to give it to people! We are so excited to have her in the branch and so excited for her to be baptized and receive so many blessings!! Yay!

This week I was also super grateful for my mom who made me bring some fleece tights, because this week was sooooo cold! It was in the 20s and we were totally bundled up and it was still cold! This humidity, man, I tell ya. But don't worry now it's in the 70s again. I'm starting to think georgia is even more bipolar than utah! 

Anyways, we met a woman this week named Maria Lucia. The first time we met her, we helped her carry in her groceries and she immediately let us in. We have continued to meet with her, and she let us know that the same day we met her, she was praying asking if God was there and if He loved her and then she met us! And she knew we were answers! It was so cool! God really is looking out for us! 

This week I also had the opportunity to throw it way back to the 7th grade and help a recent convert do her homework so she could go to the young women's activity and get her temple recommend at the church. She went to the temple this Saturday for the first time and hearing about their experience made racking my brain trying to figure out 7th grade science so worth it. 

Also, we learned a lot about new contact approaches to use when knocking doors or meeting new people on the streets at our last zone meeting. This week ,we focused a lot on finding by the Spirit and using the new tips we had been taught at zone conference. We knocked on a woman's door and used a cool approach in which we told her we were sharing a message about how much God loves us all. We showed her the front facing camera, so she saw herself, and asked, what do you think when you see this? Her whole face instantly lit up and when we shared d&c 18:10 with her she loved it! We got a return appointment for the English sisters and when we were leaving she said, "and by the way guys, that was a really good approach!" Haha it was cool to see our hard work and determination to try the new things we had learned pay off.

I absolutely love this work, and feel more and more blessed each day to have this wonderful calling and opportunity.  I love my God and my Savior Jesus Christ with all my heart and I am so grateful for the blessing in my life of the true gospel. I love sharing this message with everyone! Thank you all for your love and support, I love the emails and the testimonies and examples you all are to me. I hope you guys have a wonderful week!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment