Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Bowling after baptisms

Allison's first zone in Atlanta Georgia

Hola familia y amigos!

I've officially been out for more than two months! That's so crazy to me! The saying really is true, time flies when you're having fun! And this week has been so much fun. I've seen so many miracles and had so many laughs with my companions.

First, I wanna tell y'all about Robel. He is one of the most amazing people I have had the opportunity to meet here. The elders are teaching him so we hadn't met him until one day we were studying and he walked into the church and introduced himself. He started telling us about how he met the elders and how when he was younger he went to so many different churches because his mom was saying that they were evil one week and the right church the next week. He was always confused and searching for the truth. When he met the elders, he immediately knew it was the truth. Then he invited us to come to his baptism after party and to come bowling. Haha he's awesome. It's so cool to see people like that it reminds me of Joseph Smith! People are searching for the truth, and when they finally find it it's so inspiring to see how happy and faithful they are.

Another cool thing this week was we had two return appointments with investigators and at each one we got a new investigator! The first one, we are now teaching her daughter too and the second one we are teaching her sister too! We are super excited about that.

This work is a little slow going in this area, and this week has been a lot of tracting but like I said before, we got some new investigators at lessons and a few more from tracting so hopefully it picks up. We are trying our very best to find more people to teach and it's so fun to meet so many different people. And there's so many people from so many different cultures, and I've been using spanish a lot more tracting and meeting people than I thought I would here in the US! It's truly such a blessing to have this calling. Even though the work is slow, I know that the Lord is preparing people and it's our job to find them! It's a huge responsibility, but I am so grateful for it!

Also, I got a cool thought of the week for y'all. What are three things God doesn't know? A person He doesn't love, a sin that He likes, and a son or daughter who can't change. Interesting huh? I really like it because it describes the love God has for us and the trust He has in us to change and come unto Him.

One of my favorite pictures is the picture of Christ at the door without the doorknob because it is so true. I love testifying to people of the love God and Christ have for us because they love us so much and are just waiting for us to open the door and let them in. I know that God loves us all so much and is just waiting for us with His arms stretched wide, but it is our job to come unto Him.

I love this work and I love you all so much! Have a great week!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment