Monday, June 12, 2017

Let go, and let God


Hello family and friends!

This week was so great! I will start off with the exciting news of two baptisms! We had both Macaria and Carmen get baptized this week! It was such a miracle and so exciting. Macaria had called us two days before her baptism saying she had to go to the hospital in an ambulance and was still feeling pretty awful. She was so prepared to be baptized though, and really wanted to have that opportunity. So Hermana Ramirez and I fasted and prayed and that morning Macaria came to church! She immediately got a priesthood blessing and then right after church she was baptized with Carmen. It was such a miracle. 

Honestly this week was a lot of crazy planning for the baptism and stressful moments, but seeing two people who I love so much being baptized made me so indescribably happy. Truly my joy was so full, and I was and am so grateful to be a missionary and help people feel of the happiness that this gospel brings me. 

This week we also had zone conference, which is always so uplifting and inspiring. We had a question and answer session with President Bennion, and one missionary asked what the hardest thing about the mission was, and President said that he had to learn to "let go, and let God." I thought about that a lot throughout the week and when things got stressful I had to realize that this is God's work. His work and His glory, His entire purpose, is for us to have joy. And sometimes we need to let Him guide us and carry us through the hard things so we can grow and develop and get better and find real happiness!

I am so grateful for this gospel, and for all of you and your support. Have a great week!

Hermana Frank 

No comments:

Post a Comment